This is a Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer battery charger. It uses a USB mini-B for connection to any computer or 'USB wall adapter'. Charging is performed in three stages: first a preconditioning charge, then a constant-current fast charge and finally a constant-voltage trickle charge to keep the battery topped-up. The fast-charge current is 500mA by default, but is easily adjustable from 100mA up to 1000mA by soldering a through-hole resistor on-board.
This board is great for DIY projects because it has 3 indicator LEDs - one for power, one for charging status and a third that indicates when charging is complete. Keep the battery connected to the charger and pass power through the additional JST connector using the included cable!
For use with Adafruit Lipoly batteries only. Other batteries may have different voltage, chemistry, polarity or pinout.
- Comes assembled and tested, includes a JST cable
- For charging single Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer 3.7/4.2v batteries
- Separate JST connectors for battery and load system so batteries don't have to be removed for charging
- 5V input via mini-B USB connector
- 0.1" (2.54mm) breakouts for the battery, DC, and status LEDs
- Free 2-pin JST cable included
- Dimensions: 33mm x 35mm x 7mm (1.3in x 1.4in x 0.3in)
- Weight: 5.7g ( 0.2oz)