PowerBoost 1000C is the perfect power supply for your portable project. With a built-in load-sharing battery charger circuit, you'll be able to keep your power-hungry project running even while recharging the battery. This DC/DC boost converter module can be powered by any 3.7V LiIon/LiPoly battery, and convert the battery output to 5.2V DC for running your 5V projects.
The output is 5.2V instead of a straight-up 5.0V so that there's a little bit of 'headroom' for long cables, high draw, the addition of a diode on the output if you wish, etc. The 5.2V is safe for all 5V-powered electronics like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or Beagle Bone while preventing brown-outs during high current draw because of USB cable resistance.
The internal boost converter chip has some nice extras such as low battery detection, 2A internal switch, synchronous conversion, excellent efficiency, and 700KHz high-frequency operation.
- Synchronous operation means you can disconnect the output completely by connecting the ENable pin to ground.
- 2A internal switch (~2.5A peak limiting)
- Low battery indicator LED lights up red when the voltage dips below 3.2V
- Onboard 1000mA charge-rate 'iOS' data resistors
- Full breakout for battery in, control pins and power out
- 90%+ operating efficiency in most cases (see datasheet for efficiency graphs), and low quiescent current: 5mA when enabled and power LED is on, 20uA when disabled (power and low batt LED are off)
- 23mm x 45mm x 10mm / 0.9" x 1.8" x 0.4"
- Weight: 6g