This touchscreen for Raspberry Pi features a 3.5" display with 480x320 16-bit color pixels and a resistive touch overlay. This is engineered specifically to work with the newer "2x20 connector" Raspberry Pi's. The plate uses the high speed SPI interface on the Pi and can use the mini display as a console, X window port, displaying images or video etc. Best of all it plugs right in on top!
This PiTFT 3.5" is designed to fit nicely onto the Raspberry Pi Zero, Pi 3, Pi 2 or Model A+ / B+ (any Pi with a 2x20 connector). Not for use with an old Pi 1 with 2x13 connector
If you are looking for something a bit different or a bit smaller, the mini LCD kit can be found here.
- The display uses the hardware SPI pins (SCK, MOSI, MISO, CE0, CE1) as well as GPIO #25 and #24.
- GPIO #18 can be used to PWM dim the backlight if you like
- All other GPIO are unused
- A 2x13 'classic Pi' connection GPIO header on the bottom
- Other GPIO are broken out into solder pads at the bottom
- Four mounting ears
- Display current draw is mostly based on the backlight
- Full-on backlight - current draw is ~100mA
- Comes fully assembled and ready to plug in