The SparkFun Pro Micro RP2040 is a low-cost, high performance board with flexible digital interfaces featuring the Raspberry Pi Foundation's RP2040 microcontroller. Besides the good 'ol Pro Micro footprint, the board also includes a WS2812B addressable LED, boot button, reset button, Qwiic connector, USB-C, resettable PTC fuse, and castellated pads.
The RP2040 utilizes dual ARM Cortex-M0+ processors (up to 133MHz) and features:
- 264kB of embedded SRAM in six banks
- Six dedicated IO for SPI Flash (supporting XIP)
- 30 multifunction GPIO
- Dedicated hardware for commonly used peripherals
- Programmable IO for extended peripheral support
- Four channel ADC with internal temperature sensor, 0.5 MSa/s, 12-bit conversion
- USB 1.1 Host/Device
The RP2040 is supported with both C/C++ and MicroPython cross-platform development environments, including easy access to runtime debugging. It has UF2 boot and floating-point routines baked into the chip. The built-in USB can act as both device and host. It has two symmetric cores and high internal bandwidth, making it useful for signal processing and video. While the chip has a large amount of internal RAM, the board includes an additional 16MB external QSPI flash chip to store program code.