Dayton Audio's DSP-LF Low Frequency DSP Controller gives you the power to revolutionize your home theater or listening room's low-end dynamic using digital signal processing. Easily integrate the DSP-LF into an existing audio system and take control over your bass response all from your smart mobile device. In tandem with the free iWoofer, Andriod/iOS app, the DSP-LF puts you in control of your bass's sonic character, tailored perfectly for the sound you desire.
- Add low-frequency DSP to your current audio system that tailors your subwoofer to fit the bass sonic characteristics to meet your desired sound
- Easy to use Android and iOS mobile smart phone app enables you to adjust all DSP features from the palm of your hand
- Simply insert the DSP-LF hardware module between your receiver with a sub output and your sub to instantly gain DSP capabilities
- Package includes DSP unit, 2 x 3.5mm to RCA cables, microUSB cable, USB wall power adapter
The introduction of the Dayton Audio DSP-LF Subwoofer DSP paves the way for complete control over the sound you crave. Harness the full potential of your subwoofer with pinpoint accuracy using the Dayton Audio DSP-LF. Achieve the perfect low-end with thundering power and detailed punch via your smart mobile device.
Installing the DSP-LF hardware is hassle-free and straightforward. Featuring a 3.5 mm input and output, the DSP-LF is easy to connect to your current system. To control your DSP unit, download the iWoofer app from Google Play or the Apple App Store. Once the DSP-LF connects to iWoofer via Bluetooth, you immediately have complete control to customize your low-end to your preferred taste. The DSP-LF comes complete with two dual RCA to 3.5 mm cables.
Insert the DSP-LF between the sub output on your receiver and your powered sub (or sub amp) input to gain instant control over your desired sound. The free iWoofer iOS/Android app allows you to adjust parameters such as EQ, crossover, subsonic filtering (high pass filter), gain, dynamics, precise phase, and even subharmonic synthesis.
For further detailed control, iWoofer Pro (iOS only) offers automatic room correction that listens to the response of your subwoofer in your room and automatically applies precise minimum phase FIR filters to correct the output of your sub to match your listening environment.
NOTE: The front panel LED is NOT a power indicator. The LED is an standby status indicator. The device is still on and you should be able to connect even if the light is off and you have powered the device on.
Room Correction Taken One Step Further
Using the iWoofer Pro app (iOS only), you can automatically tune your sub to your environment. The paid Pro app version features automatic room correction, which utilizes minimum phase FIR filters to adjust your subtone for optimal low-end response based on your listening environment. Using your iOS device's built in microphone, the iWoofer Pro app will monitor the frequency response of noise sweeps played back from your sub to build a frequency response plot of your room. Once iWoofer measures your room's frequency response, you have three algorithm options in how to tune your sub, Boomy, Near Field, and Linear.
Compensate for room reflections, which often create the buildup of low-end in areas of your room by employing the Boomy auto-room correction mode. Using the Boomy algorithm, you will notice that your subwoofer will have more punch and defined low-end. The algorithm compensates for any frequency that will make your system sound muddy by flattening out the bass response from 70 Hz and higher.
The goal of the Near-Field auto-room correction mode is to provide DSP compensation to make your sub sound as if it located in an ideal room with no reflections. Near-Field mode is excellent for a clean and accurate representation of your subwoofer with flat bass response. While possibly sounding duller than the other modes, Near-Field mode delivers a true room correction option when you are looking for an incredibly flat low-end response from 30 - 185 Hz. Near-Field mode is excellent for critical listening.
Linear auto-room correction mode will adjust the sub output so that the frequency response is more accurate, especially in the 50-70 Hz range. This mode will deliver a flat midbass response while leaving the lowest frequencies as they are. The linear algorithm provides a bass tone that is more transparent, controlled, and detailed.
Once the auto correction is complete, as seen above, you have further control over the DSP. In the graph above the blue line shows the Near-Field measurement of the subwoofer, the green line shows the initial measurement of the listening position before correction, and the red line shows the corrected response at the listening position. Each algorithm is customizable after the initial room correction with up to 25 bands of additional EQ so that you can adjust the sound to your needs with extreme accuracy.
Take Command, Create Your Sound
Take control of your sub and create the tone that you want! Easily integrate the DSP-LF into your current sub setup and enjoy the low-end you have always desired. Pick up the DSP-LF and hear what your sub has been lacking!
• Input: 3.5 mm line in
• Output: 3.5 mm line out
• Max output voltage: 1 Vrms
• Output impedance: 10 kohms
• Input impedance: 10 kohms
• SNR: >90 dB
• Distortion: <0.3%
• Power supply: 5V micro USB
• USB wall adapter power requirements: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz, 0.4A
• App control: iWoofer Andriod/iOS (free) and iWoofer Pro iOS (paid)
• iWoofer standard DSP features: Crossover frequency, subsonic filter (high pass filter), gain, sub harmonic synthesis, delay, phase, limiter compressor, dynamic band-specific compressor, auto-on, preset manger, preset import / export
• iWoofer Pro DSP features: SPL meter, auto-room correct (3-modes), crossover frequency, gain, sub harmonic synthesis, delay, phase, detailed limiter compressor, detailed dynamic band-specific compressor, auto-on, preset manger, preset import / export
• Frequency range: 20-500 Hz
• Crossover curves: Butterworth type (12 dB/oct, 24 dB/oct, 48 dB/oct)
• EQ gain: Up to +15 dB, down to -40 dB
• EQ minimum Q value: 0.10
• Delay settings: 2.5 - 65 ms
• Front panel LED: Standby status indicator
• Package includes: DSP unit, 17" 3.5 mm to dual RCA cable, 39" right angle 3.5 mm to dual RCA cable, 5 ft. micro USB cable, USB wall power adapter
• DSP unit dimensions: 2-1/8" x 2-1/8" x 3/4"
Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwoofer&hl=en_US
iOs App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/iwoofer/id1244461305