Need to add analog inputs? This chip will add 8 channels of 10-bit analog input to your microcontroller or microcomputer project. It's super easy to use, and uses SPI so only 4 pins are required. We chose this chip as a great accompaniment to the Raspberry Pi computer, because its fun to have analog inputs but the Pi does not have an ADC.
- 10-bit resolution
- ± 1 LSB max DNL
- ± 1 LSB max INL
- 4 (MCP3004) or 8 (MCP3008) input channels
- Analog inputs programmable as single-ended or pseudo-differential pairs
- On-chip sample and hold
- SPI serial interface (modes 0,0 and 1,1)
- Single supply operation: 2.7V - 5.5V • 200 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD = 5V
- 75 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD = 2.7V
- Low power CMOS technology
- 5 nA typical standby current, 2 µA max.
- 500 µA max. active current at 5V
- Industrial temp range: -40°C to +85°C
- Available in PDIP, SOIC and TSSOP packages