Dayton Audio DAX88 8-Source 8-Zone Distributed Audio Matrix Amplifier
Dayton Audio DAX88 8-Source 8-Zone Distributed Audio Matrix Amplifier
Dayton Audio's DAX88 8-Source, 8-Zone Distributed Audio Matrix Amplifier hands you the definitive multi-zone Wi-Fi audio experience. With a comprehensive and straightforward to use mobile control app, Matrio™, the DAX88 liberates you to listen to your music on your terms, no matter where you are in your house. The flexibility of six stereo amplified zones and two stereo line-level preamp zones allow you to use the DAX88 with your choice of speakers. Whether installed for residential or commercial use, the DAX88 provides you complete sonic freedom. Plain and simple.
With 8-sources and 8-zones, the DAX88 delivers the ultimate customizable multi-zone audio experience. Engineered with an emphasis on simplicity, flexibility, and wireless control, the DAX88 provides you with unrivaled multi-room audio for your home or business. Delivering 75 watts per channel, the DAX88 has enough power to give you an immersive listening experience all across your home or business. Featuring the ability to bridge channels, the DAX88 produces even more power at 180 watts.
Freedom In Simplicity
The DAX88 offers a wide array of analog and digital inputs, including integrated Wi-Fi (AirPlay, Spotify Connect, DLNA) streaming options. Featuring a dedicated Wi-Fi channel, the DAX88 allows you to stream your favorite music directly from your preferred streaming service through AirPlay, Spotify Connect, and DLNA. With access to streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Pandora, TIDAL, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn, the musical world is in your control. Additional hardware and or paid subscription may be required for Pandora, Amazon Music, and other streaming services if you are using Android devices. Analog input options, including four RCA, seven 3.5 mm, and two optical connections, ensure you can use virtually any input source from TVs to media players and additional Bluetooth adapters.
The output flexibility that the DAX88 provides lets you choose your speaker system or integrate the DAX88 into an existing design. With six stereo amplified zones and two stereo preamp zones, the DAX88 gives you the option to use any speaker combinations as well as additional amplifiers. Using the preamp zones with different amplifiers such as 70V commercial-grade amplifiers, the DAX88 instantly provides app-controlled and Wi-Fi streaming options to your 70/100V audio system.
Connect multiple DAX88 units to your network for unlimited system expansion options Suppose you have more than eight zones that need audio. In that case, this expansion capability ensures you never run out of audio options.
Dayton Audio's Matrio™ mobile app simplifies your audio system by giving you, and other users access to multi-zone control from your mobile devices. With the ability to select between eight sources and eight zones, Matrio™ streamlines personalized audio experiences across multiple rooms. Matrio™ allows you to change sources, adjust volume, tone, and balance for zones, as well as group zones. Enjoy whole-home audio immersion without needing to move from where you are.
Your Music Your Way
You are already familiar with your go-to streaming service. Dayton Audio didn't want you to have to learn a new music interface to enjoy your tunes. With the integration of a dedicated Wi-Fi audio streaming channel, the DAX88 simplifies listening to the music you love directly from your favorite streaming service. Once both the DAX88 and Matrio™ are on the same network, you can stream to the DAX88 via Apple AirPlay, Spotify Connect, or DLNA. The flexibility of streaming options makes it easy to listen to services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Pandora, TIDAL, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn throughout your home or business. Additional hardware and or paid subscription may be required for Pandora, Amazon Music, and other streaming services if you are using Android devices.
Command at Your Fingertips
Matrio™ gives you complete command over each of your eight output zones. The Zone Control menu allows you to adjust all possible zone settings, including power on/off, source selection, volume control, and mute on/off. Additional functions, including bass, treble, and the left/right balance, are available for each zone. Matrio™ features a simple to navigate interface that gives you streamlined control over your DAX88.
All The Control All at Once
In addition to individual zone control, Matrio™ gives you the ability to group multiple zones for streamlined command. The Group Control menu allows you to adjust all possible zone settings, including power on/off and mute on/off. From the menu, you can also sync volumes and input sources across grouped zones. Choose any combination of zones from all DAX88 units in your network for custom group control.
Customize Zone and Source Names
Customize all of your source, zone, and device names to ensure that you can quickly identify zones and inputs. Name each of the eight zones to keep track of what zone you are controlling. Custom zone names help when grouping zones together to ensure you select the correct zone combination. The custom names, changeable at any time, appear in Matrio™ for all users on your network.
Demo Matrio™ Now
1. Voltage Selection: Select between 115 or 230 VAC operation
2. AC Input: Standard IEC connection with additional main fuse holder
3. Mode Switch: Bridge/Stereo: Switch between Bridge and Stereo operation. In Bridge mode, the left and right channel for a zone will be combined into a single mono channel to thereby increasing the total power output for that zone. This is helpful when extra power is needed in certain areas. The minimum impedance for bridged channels is 8 ohms.
4. Speaker Output Connections: Zones 1 - 6 on the DAX88 are stereo, powered speaker outputs for directly powering speakers. The DAX88 uses 4-Pole Phoenix Type Connectors for the speaker connections. The minimum impedance for stereo channels is 4 ohms.
5. Zone 7 & 8 Preamp Outputs: Zone 7 and 8 on the DAX88 are stereo preamp outputs with stereo RCA jacks. These zones are useful if you wish to add Matrio and / or keypad control to an external amplifier.
6. 12 VDC Trigger Outputs: Useful for automation systems, each zone has a corresponding 12V trigger that will output 12V when the zone is on, and 0V when the zone is off. This can be used to trigger other equipment like video screens and window blinds in the zone to turn on or off automatically along with the zone.
7. Stereo RCA Inputs: Inputs 1 - 5 have stereo RCA jacks for connecting any analog input source like TV’s, DVD players, CD Players, etc.
8. Stereo 3.5 mm Inputs: Every input has a stereo 3.5mm jack for connecting analog input sources like computers, iPads, mobile phones and Bluetooth receivers.
9. 12 VDC Trigger Inputs: Applying 12V to the Mute Trigger will mute all zones, and will unmute all zones if the signal is removed. Applying 12V to the Power-On Trigger will turn on all zones. The zones will remain on if the 12V signal is removed.
10. Channels 5 & 6 Digital Optical TOSLINK Inputs: The TOSLINK inputs are useful to attach input devices to the DAX88 that are able to output a digital signal through optical TOSLINK, such as a TV or digital audio receiver.
11. Serial Port for RS232 Control and Device Updates: Allows RS232 commands to be sent to and from the DAX88, which can be useful for automation systems. This port can also be used to upgrade the firmware on the DAX88.
12. Wi-Fi Antenna: Allows the DAX88 to connect to your network through a wireless connection.
13. Keypads Connection: Connect to the DAX88HUB Keypad Hub via a standard ethernet patch cable for control up to eight keypads.
14. Network LAN Connection: Connect directly to your network via a standard ethernet patch cable
• Channels: 6 x stereo amplified, 2 x stereo preamp
• RMS Power (All Channels Driven): 75 WPC @ 8 Ohms, 80 WPC @ 4 Ohms, 180 WPC @ 8 Ohms Bridged
• Amplifier topology: Class D
• Inputs: 4 x RCA, 7 x optical, 1 x Wi-Fi audio streaming (AirPlay 1, Spotify Connect, DLNA)
• Output connectors: 6 x 4-Pole Phoenix-Type Connectors, 2 x RCA
• S/N ratio: >87 dB
• THD: 0.60%
• Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
• Amplifier protection: Overload, short circuit, thermal
• Trigger system: 12 VDC
• Max input sensitivity: 620 mV
• Line out voltage: 1.5V
• Bass control and Fc: ±12 dB @ 100 Hz (shelf)
• Treble control and Fc: ±12 dB @ 10,000 Hz (shelf)
• Power consumption: 23W (standby), 1031W (max)
• Power supply (switchable): 115VAC/60Hz, 230VAC/50Hz
• Standby: 120 minutes
• Dimensions: 16-3/4" x 4" (inc feet) H x 14-1/4" D
• Weight: 17.3 lbs
Control keypads, keypad hub, and IR remote increase control accessibility to offer additional whole-home integration. No matter your control requirements, the DAX88 has you covered.
Control From Your Wall
If you need quick, accessible zone control, the DAX88 gives you the ability to access total command of the DAX88 via in-wall keypads. You can connect up to eight keypads throughout your home or business that give you direct control over volume, power, bass, treble, mute, and source selection. The keypad has a built-in IR target for use with the DAX88 remote. Also, the keypad has an external IR target terminal if you want to use an additional target in another location.