Feather is the new development board from Adafruit, and is incredibly light and thin. The Feather has been designed to be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores. This is the Adafruit WICED Feather - it's Adafruit's most powerful Feather yet.
You write your code in the Arduino IDE using the same standard libraries you've always used (Wire, SPI, etc.), compile locally, and the device is flashed directly from the IDE over USB.
Since the WICED Feather is based on the standard Adafruit Feather layout, you also have access to a variety of Feather Wings, like the Adafruit Ultimate GPS FeatherWing, as well as all the usual standard breakouts available from Adafruit and other vendors available.
We think it's the best and most flexible WiFi development board out there, and the easiest way to get your TCP/IP-based project off the ground without sacrificing flexibility or security. There are even some built-in libraries in the WiFi core, such as TCP client and Server, HTTP client and server, and MQTT client (with easy Adafruit IO interfacing).
Please note: this is a very advanced product and there may be firmware updates, tweaks and fixes as we have more people use it. For that reason Adafruit is calling this the Developer Edition. This chipset is not identical to the Arduino standard-supported Atmega series and many libraries that are written specifically for AVR will not compile or work with the STM32.
- Comes fully assembled and tested
- USB bootloader included
- STM32F205RG 120MHz ARM Cortex M3 MCU
- BCM43362 802.11b/G/N radio
- 128KB SRAM and 1024KB flash memory (total)
- 16KB SRAM and 128KB flash available for user code
- 16MBit (2MB) SPI flash for additional data storage
- Built in Real Time Clock (RTC) with optional external battery supply
- Hardware SPI and I2C (including clock-stretching)
- 12 standard GPIO pins, with additional GPIOs available via SPI, UART and I2C pins
- 7 standard PWM outputs, with additional ones available via SPI, UART and I2C pins
- Up to eight 12-bit ADC inputs
- Two 12-bit DAC outputs (Pin A4)
- Up to 3 UARTs (including one with full HW flow control)
- TLS 1.2 support to access secure HTTPS and TCP servers
- On board single-cell LIPO charging and battery monitoring
- Fast and easy firmware updates to keep your module up to date
- Based on the excellent community-supported Maple project
Please note: Lipoly Battery and MicroUSB cable not included
- 51.2mm x 22.8mm x 8mm / 2" x 0.9" x 0.28"
- Weight: 5.5g