Adafruit VL53L1X Time of Flight Distance Sensor - ~30 to 4000mm - Stemma QT/Qwiic Adafruit
The sensor is small and easy to use in any robotics or interactive project. Since it needs 2.8V power and logic we put the little fellow on a breakout board with a regulator and level shifting. You can use it with any 3-5V power or logic microcontroller with no worries. Works great with the 3.3V logic level of a Feather or Raspberry Pi, or the 5V level of a Metro 328 or Arduino Uno, this breakout is ready to work with most common microcontrollers or SBCs. and since it speaks I2C, you can easily connect it up with two data wires plus power and ground.
As if that weren't enough, we've also added SparkFun qwiic compatible STEMMA QT connectors for the I2C bus so you don't even need to solder. Just wire up to your favorite micro with a plug-and-play cable to get ToF data ASAP. For a no-solder experience, just wire up to your favorite micro, like the STM32F405 Feather using a STEMMA QT adapter cable. The Stemma QT connectors also mean the VL53L1X can be used with our various associated accessories. QT Cable is not included, but we have a variety in the shop
Communicating to the sensor is done over I2C with an API written by ST, so it's not too hard to port it to your favorite microcontroller. We've got Arduino and CircuitPython/Python code so you can use this sensor with an Arduino Uno, Feather M4, Raspberry Pi or anything in between!
- Emitter: 940 nm invisible laser (Class1)
- SPAD (single photon avalanche diode) receiving array with integrated lens
- FlightSense™ ranging sensor for fast and accurate long distance ranging
- Up to 400 cm distance measurement
- Up to 50 Hz ranging frequency
- Typical full field-of-view (FoV): 27 °
- Programmable region-of-interest (ROI) size on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced
- Programmable ROI position on the receiving array, providing multizone operation control from the host
- Can be hidden behind many cover window materials
- I²C interface (up to 400 kHz)
- Shutdown and interrupt pins
- Default I2C address 0x29 (can be changed in software by using shutdown pin to disable other sensors on the same bus)
Product Dimensions: 25.5mm x 17.5mm x 4.6mm / 1.0" x 0.7" x 0.2"
Product Weight: 1.8g / 0.1oz