Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference, as well as calculations to handle any non-linearities. With Adafruit's new release, we are happy to now offer a great new thermocouple amplifier/converter that can handle just about any type of thermocouple, and even has the ability to give you notification when the temperature goes out of range, or a fault occurs.
This breakout does everything for you, and can be easily interfaced with any microcontroller, even one without an analog input. Please note: this does not include a thermocouple!
- The chip itself
- 3.3V regulator and level shifting circuitry, all assembled and tested
- A 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple)
- pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard)
- Inline resistors and a filter capacitor on-board for better stability
- Works with any K, J, N, R, S, T, E, or B type thermocouple
- -210°C to +1800°C output in 0.0078125° resolution
- 3.3 to 5v power supply and logic level compliant!
- SPI data requires any 4 digital I/O pins
- Product Dimensions: 25.0mm x 22.0mm x 3.0mm / 1.0" x 0.9" x 0.1"\
- Product Weight: 3.5g / 0.1oz