Adafruit SPI Flash SD Card - XTSD 512 MB
Compared to plain SPI flash, this NAND memory chip handles all the wear leveling and ECC calculation. You don't have to manually erase blocks, you just write and read them like you would with any SD card.You can clock it up 50 MHz and the 'write speed class' is 8 (although you may not be able to get that fast with plain 1-bit SPI compared to SDIO).
We made this breakout to be a quickstart for this chip. We wired the chip in "SPI" mode, with a level shifters so you can use it with 3V or 5V logic easily. You also get a 3.3V regulator and a pullup on CS. Wire up the SPI pins to your microcontroller, use your favorite SD library and you'll be ready to rock in minutes!
- Capacity: 4Gbit (512MByte)
- Operation Conditions Temperature Range: Ta = -30 to +85 degrees centigrade
- Storage Conditions Temperature Range: Tstg = -40 to +85 degrees centigrade
- Support up to 50Mhz clock frequency
- Built-in HW ECC Engine and highly reliable NAND management mechanism
- Write speed up to class 8
Product Dimensions: 21.4mm x 17.7mm x 2.9mm / 0.8" x 0.7" x 0.1"