Add Internet to your next project with this compact WiFi microcontroller. The ESP8266 processor from Espressif is an 80 MHz microcontroller with a full WiFi front-end (both as client and access point) and TCP/IP stack with DNS support as well.
The Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266 breakout has been designed to make working with this chip super easy and a lot of fun. Adafruit has taken a certified module with an onboard antenna, and plenty of pins, and soldered it onto our designed breakout PCBs.
Each order comes with one assembled and tested HUZZAH ESP8266 breakout board, and a stick of 0.1" header that you can solder on and plug the breakout into a breadboard. A soldering iron and solder are required for that, and aren't included. Solderless breadboard also not included. You'll really want a USB-serial cable such as a FTDI Friend (great for any OS), or FTDI cable (great for any OS). For more advanced users, we recommend the Adafruit Feather HUZZAH for your microcontroller needs.
- Reset button
- User button that can also put the chip into bootloading mode
- Red LED
- Level shifting on the UART and reset pin
- 3.3V out, 500mA regulator
- Two diode-protected power inputs
Two parallel, breadboard-friendly breakouts on either side give you access to:
- 1 x Analog input (1.8V max)
- 9 x GPIO (3.3V logic), which can also be used for I2C or SPI
- 2 x UART pins
- 2 x 3-6V power inputs, reset, enable, LDO-disable, 3.3V output