FLORA - Wearable electronic platform: Arduino-compatible
FLORA has onboard power switch connected to 2A power FET for safe and efficient battery on/off control, so you can power quite a bit without burning out your switch. The FLORA has an onboard 3.3v 250mA regulator with a protection diode and USB fuse so that the microcontroller voltage is consistent and can power common 3.3v modules and sensors.
- FLORA is fabric friendly-- all the components on board are flush to the PCB and won't snag delicate garments (it does not use FTDI headers).
- FLORA is extremely beginner-friendly - it is difficult to destroy the FLORA by connecting a battery backwards due to polarized connector and protection diodes. The on-board regulator means that even connecting a 9V battery will not result in damage or tears.
- The FLORA has 4 indicator LEDs: power good, digital signal LED for bootloader feedback, data rx/tx. Also onboard is an ICSP connector for easy reprogramming for advanced users. Flora v2 even has an RGB NeoPixel for even more colorful lighting.
- There are 14 sewing tap pads for attachment and electrical connections. Data buses are interleaved with power and ground pads for easy module and sensor attachments without worrying about overlapping traces which are not possible with conductive thread.
- Dimensions: 45mm round x 7mm thick/ 1.8" round x 0.3" thick
- Weight: 4.7g