What's better than a single LED? Lots of LEDs! The matrices use a driver chip that does all the heavy lifting for you: They have a built in clock so they multiplex the display. They use constant-current drivers for ultra-bright, consistent color, 1/16 step display dimming, all via a simple I2C interface. The backpacks come with address-selection jumpers so you can connect up to four mini 8x8's or eight 7-segments (or a combination, such as four mini 8x8's and four 7-segments, etc) on a single I2C bus.
Multiple colors available below.
- A fully tested and assembled LED backpack
- Ultra-bright 4-diget 0.56 tall seven-segment display
- 4-pin header
A bit of soldering is required to attach the matrix onto the backpack but its very easy to do and only takes about 5 minutes.
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address between 0x70-0x77, selectable with jumpers
- Backpack Dimensions: 27mm x 50mm x 4mm / 1.1" x 2" x 0.16"
- Backpack Weight: 5.3g
- 7-Segment Display Dimensions: 19mm x 50mm x 14mm / 0.75" x 2" x 0.56"
- 7-Segment Display Weight: 8.4g