The best part about all this is that the Pi Zero W keeps the same shape, connectors, and mounting holes as the Pi Zero v1.3. 99% of cases and accessories will still be fully compatible with both the Pi Zero W and v1.3 - though if you have a case with a metal top there might be some WiFi chip difficulties.
Please note - even though there's built-in WiFi, the Pi Zero W is quite minimal and requires a few accessories to turn it into a computer! Basic recommendations are;
- A good quality 5V power supply
- 4GB+ SD Card with Operating System
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter - to adapt to standard HDMI cables
- USB OTG Cable - to connect USB devices such as WiFi dongles, USB hubs, keyboards, mice, etc.
- USB Console cable - to log in over a serial console for headless operation
- 2x20 Male header strip - solder this in to plug in Pi HATs, GPIO cables, etc as you would into a normal Pi
66.0mm x 30.5mm x 5.0mm / 2.6" x 1.2" x 0.2"
9.3g / 0.3oz