Pro Trinket combines everything you love about Trinket with the familiarity of the common core Arduino chip, the ATmega328. It's like an Arduino Pro Mini with more pins and a USB as well. The Pro Trinket has been designed with 18 GPIO, 2 extra analog inputs, 28K of flash, and 2K of RAM.
Like the original Trinket, it has onboard USB bootloading support using a MicroUSB. As well, an Optiboot support has been added, so you can either program your Pro Trinket over USB or with a FTDI cable.
The Pro Trinket 5V uses the Atmega328P chip, which is the same core chip in the Arduino UNO/Duemilanove/Mini/etc. What this means is that not only is Pro Trinket programmable using the Arduino IDE as you already set up, but 99% of Arduino projects will work out of the box!
- ATmega328P onboad chip in QFN package
- 16MHz clock rate, 28K FLASH available
- USB bootloader with a nice LED indicator looks just like a USBtinyISP so you can program it with AVRdude and/or the Arduino IDE (with a few simple config modifications).
- Also has headers for an FTDI port for reprogramming
- Micro-USB jack for power and/or USB uploading, you can put it in a box or tape it up and use any USB cable for when you want to reprogram.
- On-board 5.0V power regulator with 150mA output capability and ultra-low dropout. Up to 16V input, reverse-polarity protection, thermal and current-limit protection.
- Power with either USB or external output (such as a battery) - it'll automatically switch over
- On-board green power LED and red pin #13 LED
- Reset button for entering the bootloader or restarting the program.
- Works with 99% of existing Arduino sketches (anything that doesn't use more than 28K, and doesn't require pins #2 and #7)
- Mounting holes
- 38mm x 18mm x 2mm / 1.5" x 0.7" x 0.08"
- Height with MicroUSB: 4mm / 0.16"
- Weight: 2.6g