Feather is the new development board from Adafruit. It is thin, light, and has been designed to be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores.
This is an 'all-in-one' ESP8266 WiFi development board with built in USB and battery charging. Its an ESP8266 WiFi module with all the extras you need.
At the core is an ESP8266 WiFi microcontroller clocked at 80 MHz and at 3.3V logic. This microcontroller contains a Tensilica chip core as well as a full WiFi stack. You can program the microcontroller using the Arduino IDE. As well, it includes a high-quality SiLabs CP2104 USB-Serial chip that can upload code at 921600 baud for fast development time. It also has auto-reset.
To make it easy to use for portable projects, we added a connector for any type of 3.7V Lithium polymer batteries and built in battery charging. You don't need a battery, it will run just fine straight from the micro USB connector. But, if you do have a battery, you can take it on the go, then plug in the USB to recharge. The Feather will automatically switch over to USB power when its available.
- 9 x GPIO pins - can also be used as I2C and SPI
- Built in 100mA LiPoly charger with charging status indicator LED, can also cut a trace to disable the charger
- Measures 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.28" (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
- 9.7 grams
- ESP8266 @ 80MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 4MB of FLASH (32 MBit)
- Built in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- CP2104 USB-Serial converter onboard with 921600 max baudrate for fast uploading
- Auto-reset support for getting into bootload mode before firmware upload
- 1 x analog inputs 1.0V max
- Pin #0 red LED for general purpose blinking. Pin #2 blue LED for bootloading debug & general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button